Preschools at The Kirk
The Kirk Preschool Ministry first opened its doors on September 7, 1965, with a total enrollment of 45 students. Just over 50 years later, the Kirk Preschool Ministry opened its second location in Jenks with the exact same number of students at the new Kirk Crossing campus.
Since its inception in 1965, The Kirk Preschool Ministry has gone from employing seven staff members to over 40 and serving more than 200 children. Classes continue to thrive and expand, as we now offer enrichment classes at both locations such as Chapel, Spanish and Music.
God continues to open doors and expand this ministry just as He did when He first laid it on the hearts of the founding members so many years ago.
The Kirk has a Preschool at both their church campuses - Kirk of the Hills, located at 4102 E. 61st St. in Tulsa; and Kirk Crossing, located at 11420 S. James Ave. in Jenks. Both Preschools provide the same curriculum in a Christian setting.
The purpose of Kirk Preschool is to provide a nurturing, quality part-day program that cares for the whole child in a Christian setting. We seek to provide developmentally appropriate learning opportunities that meet each child's spiritual, intellectual, social, physical, and emotional needs. Our philosophy is that children learn best when they feel safe and loved, and are given many opportunities to play and learn simultaneously.
The mission of The Kirk Preschool is to serve others and to demonstrate God's love.
- Serving Tulsa for 50 years
- Children six months - five-years-old
- Proven curriculum that meets each child's spiritual, academic, social, emotional and creative needs
- Developmentally appropriate activities
- Enrichment Classes: Spanish, Fitness, Chapel, and Music
- Transitional Kindergarten program "Excel" for five-year-olds
What to Expect
- Professional, experienced, Christ-centered teachers and staff
- Best Teaching Practices following NAEYC
- Loving and safe environment that nurtures the whole child
- Parent-Teacher conferences twice per year
- Proven Bible curriculum that lays a spiritual foundation and teaches biblical principals
- Children's ministry to veterans, and adults with disabilities
Parents as Partners
- Parent education classes
- Parent-Teacher committee
- Parent prayer groups
- Organized playdates
- Christian ministry and outreach to preschool families
- WOW (Women of Worth) - Women of Worth is a weekly Bible study taught by Lynette Hardy. This study draws women of all ages from The Kirk and the greater Tulsa community. Gather with women weekly for food, fellowship, worship, prayer and small group discussions. You may now pre-register for the 2018-2019 session of Women of Worth Bible study, by clicking here.