One of The Kirk's local outreach programs is the Savanna Landing apartment complex, which is located just off of 61st and Peoria. At the apartment complex, we have several adult and children's ministries that are ongoing with opportunities to serve. You can find some of the opportunities to serve on this page. If you have any questions about the Savanna Landing outreach programs, please contact Emma Smith.
The Kirk has partnered with Helping Hurting Children Ministry to provide groceries for Savanna Landing residents on a weekly basis at no cost. We provide a shuttle for the residents to travel to the Ministry, which is located in Jenks. If you are available to drive the shuttle, please contact Emma Smith.
Furniture Pick-Up & Delivery
If you are available to pick-up and/or deliver furniture for the Savanna Landing apartment complex, please contact Gayle Graham. The Kirk will provide a truck and trailer for pick-up and delivery.
At 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays, The Kirk hosts "Kids Club" at Savanna Landing. This is a great opportunity to work with the precious children that live in this apartment complex. If you are interested in volunteering with Kids Club, please contact Olivia Deal or Emma Smith.
Ongoing Volunteer Activities
- Tuesdays - Bible Study, 1:00 p.m.
- Thursdays - Grocery Ministry, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Thursdays - Homework Helpers, 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturdays - Kids Club, 1:00 p.m.
- October 28 - Fall Festival
- November 18 - Thanksgiving Dinner
- December 16 - Christmas Celebration
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- Monthly Cooking Workshop - The new Savanna Landing Community Center will have a commercial kitchen. Would you like to utilize your cooking skills to teach kids or adults how to cook a healthy meal? If so, please contact Emma Smith.
- Fall Festival, Thanksgiving, Christmas - Are you great at planning a party? Would you like to share the gospel with others? If you would like to lend a hand in planning a holiday party at Savanna Landing, or if you are interested in assisting at any of these events, please contact Emma Smith.