Preschools at The Kirk
The Kirk Preschool Ministry first opened its doors on September 7, 1965, with a total enrollment of 45 students. Just over 50 years later, the Kirk Preschool Ministry opened its second location in Jenks with the exact same number of students at the new Kirk Crossing campus.
Since its inception in 1965, The Kirk Preschool Ministry has gone from employing seven staff members to over 40 and serving more than 200 children. Classes continue to thrive and expand, as we now offer enrichment classes at both locations such as Chapel, Spanish and Music.
God continues to open doors and expand this ministry just as He did when He first laid it on the hearts of the founding members so many years ago.
The Kirk has a Preschool at both their church campuses - Kirk of the Hills, located at 4102 E. 61st St. in Tulsa; and Kirk Crossing, located at 11420 S. James Ave. in Jenks. Both Preschools provide the same curriculum in a Christian setting.
The purpose of Kirk Preschool is to provide a nurturing, quality part-day program that cares for the whole child in a Christian setting. We seek to provide developmentally appropriate learning opportunities that meet each child's spiritual, intellectual, social, physical, and emotional needs. Our teachers strive to form a partnership with parents as we work together to provide optimum learning and growth opportunities for their child.
- Serving Tulsa for 51 years
- Newly adopted / proven curriculum called Innovations
- Child-directed activities
- Goal setting through parent/teacher conferences
- Child development portfolio
- Developmentally appropriate activities and assessments
- Transitional Kindergarten program for four and five-year-olds
- Enrichment Classes: Spanish, Amazing Athletes, Chapel, and Music
What to Expect
- Daily Bible stories and devotionals
- Interactive learning environment
- Environment that meets the needs of all learners
- Strong communications
- Open door policy
- Professional, Christ-centered teachers and staff
Parents as Partners
- Parent prayer groups
- Parent education classes
- Parent devotional groups
- Strong teacher partnerships
- Organized play dates
- WOW (Women of Worth) - Women of Worth is a weekly Bible study taught by Lynette Hardy. This study draws women of all ages from The Kirk and the greater Tulsa community. Gather with women weekly for food, fellowship, worship, prayer and small group discussions. You may now pre-register for the 2018-2019 session of Women of Worth Bible study, by clicking here.
Classes offered free of charge