The heart of Kirk Missions and Outreach is to encourage, support, and provide resources for those who participate in the work of the Lord locally, regionally, and around the world. This is done through a variety of ways, most importantly by providing financial, emotional, spiritual, and physical support to those doing the Lord’s work as well as those in need. By doing this we grow together in the context of service, overcoming challenges along the way.
Upcoming Short-Term Mission Trips
Costa Rica (Medical) - February 4-11, 2017
Mission Arlington - Spring 2017
Macedonia - May 5-15, 2017
Goodland Academy - June 2017 Mexico #1 - June 3-11, 2017
Costa Rica - June 16-24, 2017
Honduras - July 22-29, 2017
Mexico #2 - July 29-August 6, 2017
Nicaragua - Summer 2017
For more information on these trips, please contact Bonnie Gorrell.
Currently, The Kirk supports the following local missions:
- Reading Partners readingpartners.org
- Crisis Pregnancy Outreach crisispregnancyoutreach.org
- DaySpring Villa dayspringvilla.com
- Good Samaritan goodsamaritanhealth.org
- Happy Hands happyhands.org
- Mend Pregnancy mendpregnancy.org
- Pathways Adult Learning Center pathwaysok.com
- Young Life/Young Lives tulsa.younglife.org
- Youth for Christ yfctulsa.org
- Tulsa Hills Youth Ranch tulsahillsyouthranch.org
- Goodland Academy - goodland.org
- New Life Ranch - newliferanch.com
- Willow Springs Boys Ranch - wsbr.ws
For more information on our local missions efforts, please contact Emma Smith.
Members of the Kirk congregation started these ministries in Tulsa and surrounding communities. If you are interested in assisting in these efforts, or learning more about one of the following causes, please email the respective person.
- Savannah Landing Apartment Ministry -Emma Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christians Against Trafficking - Wanda Satrom - email@example.com
- Kirk Karpenters - Richard Klein - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sacred Stitches - Linda Hertensteiner - email@example.com
Albanian speaking Macedonian Outreach
Recently, the Presbytery adopted the Albanian speaking Macedonians as their unreached people group. Their goal is to plant a church among this group by 2025. At this time, the Presbytery has taken two vision trips to identify the potential location and type of people needed to send a field team to Macedonia to meet this goal. In the spring of 2017, there is another trip planned for a short-term team from the Kirk.
To learn more, please watch the video below. It shares the vision of sending a mission agency, which we support in our effort to reach the Albanian speaking Macedonians.
If you are interested in receiving prayer requests concerning the Albanian speaking Macedonians, please visit http://eepurl.com/bJK3Ff or email firstname.lastname@example.org.